Held every 3 years since 1980, the LCMS Youth Gathering provides thousands of youth and adults the opportunity to come together as a community of God’s people to learn more about Jesus Christ, the Christian faith and their Lutheran identity. The 2019 National Youth Gathering will be held on July 11-15, 2019 in Minneapolis, MN. This year’s theme is Real. Present. God based on Psalm 46.
“Be still, and know that I am God.I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth!”The Lord of hosts is with us;The God of Jacob is our fortress.” – Psalm 46:10-11
During the five days of the Gathering, youth spend time together in God’s word, worship, service, and fellowship with others from across the synod.
The Purpose of the Gathering
- Youth Gatherings proclaim the Lordship of Jesus Christ and God’s saving grace to His people through Christ. In this setting, young people grow in their personal relationship with God and grow in their fellowship of Word and Sacrament in Christ’s Church.
- A vehicle by which the Church reaches out to, cares for and affirms young people, both churched and unchurched.
- Equip youth and adults for ministry in a variety of settings in their congregations, communities, and world.
- Affirm, equip, and support adults who work with young people.
- Celebrate the meaning of Christian joy in all of life’s situations.
- Youth Gatherings recognize and affirm the diversity of God’s people
- Youth Gatherings affirm, support, and promote the ministry of LCMS Districts and congregations.
Fundraising for the Gathering
This year, our High School Youth has the opportunity of a lifetime to come together with 25,000 other youth and adults to praise, serve, and be in community in Jesus name! Please consider supporting our youth for the 2019 National Youth Gathering by attending the Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser on March 29th from 6-8pm in Founders’ Hall. There will be dinner served by our HSY, a dessert auction and a LIVE Family Feud game! All ticket sales and donations go towards this trip! Tickets are on sale now in the church office for $10 or online!