Sundays at 8, 9:30, & 11am in the Sanctuary and Mondays at 7pm in the Chapel
Sundays Generations Worship Service at 9:30am and FUEL Contemporary Worship at 11am
History of St. Luke’s Lutheran Church
St. Luke’s Evangelical Lutheran Church has served the Oviedo community since 1912. The church’s growth has, in many ways, mirrored the growth of the surrounding area. Here are some highlights from the church’s history:
1912: St. Luke the Evangelizer Church is founded and their first sanctuary is built.
1934: Pastor Stephen M. Tuhy was installed as the 1st full-time pastor.
1939: Dedication of the new red-brick structure built as St. Luke’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, at a cost of $7,421.
1947: St. Luke’s Christian Day School opens.
1948: Dedication of the Lutheran Haven, built to care for orphaned children and the elderly.
1993: Dedication of a new sanctuary and other renovations.
2001: New St. Luke’s Lutheran School building is completed and a New Lutheran Haven Early Childhood Center opens.
2016: Our Equipping the Saints program completes the new Family Life Center and additional gymnasium.
2022: Celebrating our school’s 75th Anniversary and the congregations 110th Anniversary. Watch the video about the 75 year history of our school.
Watch more on the complete history of St. Luke’s as video here.